Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Down 5 LB's

Yeah!!! I am down 5 pounds! Only 95 to go! It feels good to see some progress on the scale, just wish I felt it more in my clothing. I cant wait until I fit in some of my old jeans! Nothing gives me more motivation than seeing the numbers lower as I step on the scale.
I am also measuring my chest, arms, stomach, hips thighs, and calves. I will only be measuring these every two weeks, whereas I am weighing in each week. I think it is important to do both. I am hoping to gain some muscle and tone up my body. Fact is, muscle weights more than fat so the scale is not always going to be the best measurement of my success.
To help me continue to see more success I have decided to make some more long term goals. I am still doing my daily goals but I think these longer term goals will help me progress some more. Here they are
  • No Sugar: cake, ice cream, candy, soda, etc. (except on holidays, such as this Easter)
  • No Eating After 8
  • Stop eating when I start to feel full

Each of these goals will be hard for me. I have set them as a daily goal before but didn't set them as a goal the next day and went back to them. I am not a big sugar eater, I crave salty things more but lately I have been wanting a Pepsi everyday or something sweet after I eat. And that has to stop. I am a late night eater. Mostly because I stay up late. And I love cereal at night. That is my midnight snack of choice. It will be hard to give up. I love food and I really love good tasting food. I also eat out a lot and when I do, I feel like I have to eat it all heck I paid 10 bucks for it. This has to stop as well. Whenever I eat out I end up getting way too full and feel sick. I need to stop when I start to feel full.

So here is to the next 5 pounds!!!

4 comments:

  1. 5 POUNDS!!! That is awesome. You are doing great.
    No sugar? That would be really hard for me. But I have given up chips.
    So I walked/jogged three miles in 45 minutes, outside on Saturday, so I am getting excited to run the race. I was nervous to run outside because I always do it on my treadmill, but I actually liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo awesome Melanie!! I have lost 4... 10 more until my pre baby weight and 20 more until my pre wedding weight.
    I know someone mention the gum thing before... but it works. it keeps your mouth busy and takes your mind off that after meal snack.
    also if you know where you are eating before hand look up the nutrition facts for that place and it will help you decide quick what you will get to eat.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I am so excited for you. I really have enjoyed this blog. I think I have said before that it is motivating! You need to call me, we need to do a healthy lunch, or still have that spouses b-b-que.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Melanie, I am excited to hear how this goes. I like your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods