Friday, March 5, 2010

Working Out

My workouts these past few days have been great. I really enjoy working out. It makes me feel good. Don't get me wrong...it's not like I am always jumping to go, it just feels really great when I do. I like to go to the gym. I know some people hate it but I really love it. I like the atmosphere of a gym. Everyone is there trying to better themselves. OK. Almost everyone. The other night at the gym I saw two guys (oh and these guys did not have a six pack, by any means) talking about how they could get the girl over in the corner (the one wearing the skimpy shorts that happened to showcase her but cheeks hanging out) to look at them. I almost wanted to puke. But for the most part people who go to the gym are there for the same or similar reason, to get healthy. I like being a part of that. I like when my muscles feel worked. I like the burn in my chest when I push a little too hard. I like the accomplished feeling I get when I push through a tough workout. I like the adrenaline high, that makes me feel like I could go forever, I get about 15 minutes into my workout. I like the motivation I get when I see someone else running faster than me. I like the primetime tv I get to watch silently(we dont have it at home) while I listen to my music, its a good distraction. Needless to say, I like working out.

What I dont always like, eating healthy. I like to eat. I like to taste really good food. And I will admit, I do eat when I am bored. And that is a big problem. One I am trying to work on. One I haven't been too successful at yet. But I am not giving up. I'm staying positive. While I get my bad eating habits under control...I will just do what I like best. Workout. Plus working out usually makes me want to eat better.

Moral for the day: when your not successful at one thing...dont give up on the rest!!

What's on my workout playlist this week?
  • Take a Chance on Me (ABBA)
  • Mama Mia (ABBA)
  • S.O.S (ABBA)
  • Girls (Beastie Boys)
  • Santa Monica (Everclear)
  • I Will Buy You a New Life (Everclear)
  • Everything to Everyone (Everclear)
  • Hypnotize (The Notorirous B.I.G)
  • Going Back to Cali (The Notorirous B.I.G)
  • What's My Age Again (Blink-182)

What are you best at? Eating healthy, workingout or other?

What is your favorite workout song? I need more to add to my list.

3 comments:

  1. HEY! Nice post. Way to go. For me it is the hardest to get to the gym. I can think of a million other things to do. Like take a nap. Once I am there, I am usually fine.

    The reason for this comment is... Something that works for me to not eat when I am bored is to chew GUM. Not just mint gum, but fruit flavor gum. Get the sugar free kind, some have only 3 cals. Seriously it is a big help. Give it a try.

    Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Go Mel!
    I was told to weigh yourself everyday, or at least every other day. That way you can make sure you keep staying on the right track. You have the Fit Plus, that's how I keep track.. :) I started to get a little upset when the scale wasn't dropping, for as hard as I was working. But, I did realize that I was toning and losing more inches. I would rather see the changes on my body than on the scale, so don't let it bother you if you are not dropping lbs. If the inches are dropping and you are feeling great that is all that matters!
    Good luck on the goals, I know you can do it! I also like to eat late at night. But at least cereal can actually be a healthy option. I did the Special K diet and lost some weight doing that, and feel okay to eat a small bowl of that when my body is telling me to eat.
    You are very inspiring Melanie, thanks for letting me read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost 8 lbs in the summer counting calories and I also was in the habit to exercise 2-3 times a week after I put Prestyn to bed... When my Dad passed I for obvious reasons fell off this course. I didn't gain weight but I stopped losing. which is better then nothing. Now I have a hard time exercising at night because when I put Prestyn to bed around 9:30-10 I am so tired and would rather read or lay in bed and watch tv. So my goal is to get up at least 2 times during the week and work out before work. but I love my sleep so this is very hard.
    I don't want to have to count calories my whole life but I find it is helpful for me to know what I am eating and when I count I tend not to eat so much. So I am usually good at that. but once you fall off the wagon it is so hard to get back on.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods