Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Difference

Last Sunday Danny moved down to Spanish Fork (I won't be moving down until April 30th because of school). So I was by myself til Friday evening and I'll tell you what I learned in those 5 days without him.....I eat healthier and a lot less. I know, I know....I can't blame the weight gain of the past 2 years on him completely but it is true, it is mimic the eating habits of those you live with. Maybe it is not so much the eating habits of Danny because, He really does eat pretty healthy and doesn't tend to over eat. It is more of the eating habits of us as a couple. When we are together we like to go out to dinner or out to lunch. Sadly it is something to for us to do together and sometimes it is faster and cheaper.

While he was gone, I rarely ate out. I think I did once, to grab a quick lunch as I rushed from work to school (Quiznos...yum). Plus who eats out by themselves....ok, maybe some of you....but I just don't have the guts to do it alone. Sure, drive thrus are more friendly for the single eater but for those who know me, I don't really like fast food unless it is Barrys Drive Inn and Logan hasn't been graced with one of those yet. So I ate at home.

For those 5 days I cooked healthy lunches and dinners using lots of veggies, and fruits and stuck with fish or beans for my protein. I did gooCheck Spellingd to not over eat. I didn't eat after 8. I had no candy, sugar or pop. I stayed under 1800 calories. I went for at least a 2 mile walk each day...one day I did 4 miles. I felt so good. I didn't feel lazy or overly tired. I slept great a night. My stomach didn't hate me. I lost 2 pounds. I was feeling great.

Then came Saturday. McDonald's for breakfast. Arbys for lunch. Cafe Sabor for dinner. A Pepsi at lunch. No walk. And a long time spent in the bathroom. My stomach really hates when I eat such junk. I went from feeling fab to feeling flab. My body felt sluggish, tired, stuffed, bloated and uncomfortable.

There IS a difference you feel when you fill your body with healthy items that are prepared at home by you. I have felt it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand this!! I can do so well during the week because Unarra is at work when I eat dinner and then comes the weekend and we usually eat out and have shakes or candy so all the good work is thrown off by the weekend. But since it is warm weather we will bbq more and I will walk more so hopefully I can do better and make better choices when we do eat out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plus in the summer time it is so much hotter and i tend to eat healthier because the hot greasy foods are not apealing. fruits and salads to cool off with.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods