Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's Your Reason(s)?

Most women I know have a desire to lose weight whether it be 5 or 100 pounds and most of these women, I'm sure, could give at least one reason why they want to lose weight. Here are some of my reason (in no given order)....
  • to not feel so tired
  • to not have to fidget with my shirt, pants, any clothing article really
  • to be able to walk into any store and try anything I want on
  • to be able to wake up and look forward to getting dressed, not dread it
  • to be able to wear more than half the clothes I own
  • to be able to wear a swim suit in public without cringing
  • to be able to wrap those stupid small hotel swimming pool towels around my lower half
  • to not dread taking the stairs
  • to not think about losing weight
  • to feel sexy for my husband
  • to be content with my self
  • to not have back fat
  • to feel healthy and strong
  • to run for exercise
  • to run the Speedy Spaniard
  • to get pregnant

Now these are just a few. In my daily posts you will see one of these reasons or one I have not listed yet. For that day or even for that week I will be focusing on that reason. Whenever a temptation comes or whenever I am feeling down I will think of that reason for the day and have a constant reminder of why I am doing this. I think I'll even buy me some colorful post it notes today and write my reason for the day/week on it and post it on my mirror and fridge.

So What are your reasons? Go ahead make a list, you will be surprised at how many reasons you can think of. Be specific down to every little detail (like the small swimming pool towels that don't come close to wrapping around my lower half). Post your list or post a daily reason. Lets see how much motivation and reasoning this gives us.

Let me know how it works for you and how many reasons you can come up with.

Until tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I have so many reasons to loose weight. This week I want to loose weight so I can feel comfortable in my own skin and not always think about how I am sitting in my chair and whether or not I want to get on the floor with my kids and a million other little thoughts that go through my mind everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, do you like to dance? you should come to Zumba with me. It kicks my hiney every time, it's a little crowded free for the first time and soooo worth it. let me know it's on Mon or Wed at 8:30pm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea Mel!! I think I will make a list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My list (to exercise and eat more nutritiously): to be as healthy as possible, to sleep better at night and have more energy during the day, to fit the bathing suit I bought just last summer, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods