Monday, February 22, 2010

Figuring This Out

Well since I have decided to blog about my weight loss journey...I now have to decide how I am going to do it. There has to be some kind of order to it, right? The whole purpose behind this blog is to give me daily motivation, to be acountable to something. I have spent the past few days contemplating how I could organize this blog to benefit me and those who read it. I have decided one thing, for sure. I must post everyday. To know that I have to log on each day and "report" will definatly help when the desire to cheat comes a callin'. Plus if I post everyday, all you lovely readers will have something to look forward to!
So, it's istablished, I will post everyday. Now what will I post about? That is the part that has got me confused. I think I am going to have to think about that one for a little bit longer. Here are a few of my thoughts....


  • post a daily, weekly or monthly goal and report each day if and how I accomplished it
  • list the foods I eat and their calorie content as well as list the type of exercise I do that day (kind of like a food/exercise journal)
  • write about my feelings, struggles and successes for that day

Those are just a few of my (favorite) ideas so far. Tell me what you think. Which one should I do? Should I do all three? Do you have any other ideas?

9 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing this, It's so nice to feel support and a little presure! You should call me when you are having a tough moment~ I have a goal as well, so I will go along with you on your journey! I am sure I will find much inspiration and strenght from you, I always have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to read this blog!!! I will read it everyday, this will also remind me to blog about my weight loss every day (I haven't done so great at blogging). I am way excited. You can do this don't let anyone or yourself tell you different that is just stinkin thinkin!!!
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should set a monthly goal.. and as far as what to write about it could be a variety of what you ate, what you didn't like or did like, and throw in some feelings, struggles, successes.. etc. Whatever you decided it will be great, and I am looking forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I am so glad you are doing this! I think you should actually write about all those things. I actually like to read what people eat and what exercise they do, so that would be interesting to me. Can't wait to read it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up sugar yesterday. I'm trying to give it up until we go on our family reunion in June. Next up, white flour in two weeks. I can't possibly take away EVERYTHING at once. I was actually thinking about blogging about my experiences as well...we'll have to trade tactics. Good luck! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey do you care if I steal that Title? One Hundred Pound Countdown? I want to do it on my own blog too? Would that bug you? You can say if it would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome. I really wish I could do what you are. I think you should remember to set small realistic goals to work towards and when you accomplish them you will be even more motivated to try towards the next little goal. And not get discouraged. If that makes any sense!! Anyway, good luck and you can do it. You didn't before right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I am waiting for a post!!! I need some motivation this week. I got back on the treadmill yesterday after taking a whole week and a half off because of that breathing issue and it was hard again. I hate that. But I will be back on today. And trying to go without soda again today (yesterday I was successful) and eating less at each meal. So I want to hear what you are doing.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! You are all helping me to stay motivated and I hope I can do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods